Popular Posts

Monday, January 24, 2011

List of Quotes by Famous Peoples In The World

A list is only as strong as its weakest link.
Donald Knuth

A man's interest in a single bluebird is worth more than a complete but dry list of the fauna and flora of a town.
Henry David Thoreau

Also at the top of the list was my three day appearance on 'Press Your Luck'. In addition to the intense competition of each of those games, it slowly started to dawn on me in the minutes between tapings that I was winning some serious money.
Randy West

Although awareness of cancer's prevalence in the United States improves and medical advances in the field abound, pancreatic cancer has largely been absent from the list of major success stories.
Chris Van Hollen

America Held Hostage won 24 Emmys for ABC News, but someone forgot to include my name on the list of people responsible for the show.
Pierre Salinger

An income tax form is like a laundry list - either way you lose your shirt.
Fred Allen

And I had this big, long list of what I wanted in a guy but I realized I didn't stack up to the list myself.
Star Jones

And they talk about their bona fide doctors. They have a list of doctors that signed affidavits from looking at a picture of Terry. That's where they get their information from, by looking at a picture.
Michael Schiavo

Anyway, several rewrites later, Del Rey Books did publish my first novel, and it did become the first work of fiction on the New York Times trade paperback bestseller list.
Terry Brooks

As corollaries to the right of every individual to life and to full participation in society, the Declaration incorporated in the list of human rights the right to work and a certain number of economic, social, and cultural rights.
Rene Cassin

As Lord Chesterfield said of the generals of his day, 'I only hope that when the enemy reads the list of their names, he trembles as I do.'
Duke of Wellington

At some shows, the set list gets changed while we are on stage. I know Ed thinks about the set very hard throughout the day in order to make the best show possible for the fans and for us.
Mike McCready

At that point, I sat down and made an alphabetical list of all the crime related words I could think of. So here I am now, nearly half-way through, probably tied up until the year 2015 or SO.
Sue Grafton

Cloning, wow. Who would have thought? There should be a list of people who can and cannot clone themselves.
Ted Danson

Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead.
Jerry Gillies

Do not tell somebody how to vote, just go up to them and tell them what Fahrenheit 9/11 meant to you. Fahrenheit will probably not win an Academy Award, but if you put it first on your list, it will become a nominee.
Valerie Harper

Downloading is definitely on the rise, but not because it's free - that's probably third on the list - but because it's immediate and the selection is virtually unlimited.
Don Rose

Even for an area I know well, I prepare a shooting list of subjects I need.
Nigel Dennis

Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.
Robert Orben

Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.
Robert Orben

Female schools might be comprised in the list of those worthy the public patronage, with great propriety.
Joseph Lancaster

Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of women's issues.
Charlotte Bunch

For the first time ever I was taking the family on the road. We stayed with my in-laws, which on life's list of experiences ranks right below sitting in a tub full of scissors.
Jeff Foxworthy

For the future, I would suggest avoiding subjects of too vast a scale. It would be useful to make out a list of fundamental questions on the matter to be dealt with, and discuss only those.
Karl Lehmann

For years I've kept a list of dream projects.
Michael Bolton

Gene sometimes... well, he has his dream list.
Paul Stanley

Geraldo has been in Lebanon. He has done some excellent reporting out of there, and of course, we now know by virtue of the president's speech on Tuesday night that the terrorist organizations that operate in that area are now on the list.
Brit Hume

Go forth under the open sky, and list To Nature's teachings.
William C. Bryant

Heinlein never had a best-seller. Even, I think, with Stranger in a Strange Land, I don't think it was actually on the New York Times best seller list.
Jerry Pournelle

Hollywood is very much an industry town. Your life becomes caught up in all of the parties and this list and that list. That's not something that I respond well to.
Don Johnson

Homosexuality in Russia is a crime and the punishment is seven years in prison, locked up with the other men. There is a three year waiting list.
Yakov Smirnoff

I also pray for favor and His anointing on my life and ministry that I might have spiritual blessing when I minister to people. They're my principal prayers; I don't have a prayer list that I go down.
Pat Robertson

I am scared easily, here is a list of my adrenaline - production: 1: small children, 2: policemen, 3: high places, 4: that my next movie will not be as good as the last one.
Alfred Hitchcock

I can write for any magazine now, in any voice. I can do it in two hours, I could do it in my sleep, it's like writing a grocery list.
Ann Patchett

I didn't want to be seen as just a guy on a list. I'm interested in good scripts, scripts that are about something, scripts that move your acting along.
Stephen Rea

I don't have any doubts either about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Perhaps some more should be added to the list, but I don't have the slightest doubt about human rights.
Antonio Tabucchi

I end up writing about all kinds of things. I never make an attempt to write about anything in particular. I don't have a little list of topics to write about.
Tracy Chapman

I got a chain letter by fax. It's very simple. You just fax a dollar bill to everybody on the list.
Steven Wright

I had about the biggest, longest wish list anyone could have, and 99 percent of what I wanted to get on the screen we got on the screen within our schedule and within our budget and within our resources.
Brad Bird

I have a list a mile long of faults that sometimes bring me to my knees in self-hatred.
Frank Langella

I have considered the pension list of the republic a roll of honor.
Grover Cleveland

I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department.
Joseph R. McCarthy

I have never written anything in one draft, not even a grocery list, although I have heard from friends that this is actually possible.
Connie Willis

I have said it on several occasions, several times from this podium, that providing a quality education for our children is high on my priority list. I will not stop now.
Jane D. Hull

I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
David Sedaris

I keep lists of names of people that I have met, a list of things to do day by day as well as a log of how my time is consumed throughout the day. It's a very important part of my personal discipline.
Bob Graham

I made a list of people who needed just a little bit of money. And when the list was complete, there were 42 names. The total amount of money they needed was $27. I was shocked.
Muhammad Yunus

I made my way on to a grey list, a black list even. That's something I'm very proud of, actually.
Elmer Bernstein

I made this list of stuff that it's time for me to try to do.
Rick Moody

I make a list of what I have in common, and what I don't have in common, with someone I'm playing.
John Turturro

I once was interviewed and got so exasperated that I said, 'What do you want, a shopping list?' They kept asking, 'What's in this picture?'
Howard Hodgkin

I printed a list of Irish names from the Internet and my husband, Dave, saw Finley on the list. I really liked it but didn't want to scare Dave off with my enthusiasm. So I used a little reverse psychology and let him think it was his idea.
Holly Marie Combs

I suppose if I was to have to pick a few, Ursula LeGuin would have to top the list. It was while reading her work that I decided I wanted to be an author.
Sarah Zettel

I think people forget that to be on the A list you first had to go through the original graded Parliamentary Selection Board. I did that and then like everyone else had the further interviews to get onto the A list.
Adam Rickitt

I used to have a list of things from my school buddies of what kind of art material they wanted. I'd go up to the West End of London and spend the whole day knocking stuff off.
Ronald Biggs

I was going to visit IBM for six months as a visiting scientist. Now, six months is a lot of time, so I came with a whole list of projects that I might want to work on.
Wietse Venema

I wouldn't be interested in just doing a show that's mapped out and choreographed with a set list. That would've been boring so long ago it just wouldn't be any fun.
Steve Forbert

I'd love to do a musical. I have a little list of them in my head.
Swoosie Kurtz

I'm a parent, and I try to take care of my health and keep my life in order. In the last few years I've really had to decide what's important to me, and it seems to me that my family and my health are top on the list. And those have nothing to do with show business.
Diana Ross

I'm going to win so much money this year, my caddie will make the top twenty money winner's list.
Lee Trevino

I'm not fond of any of my films in an intimate way, but Gregory's Girl would be number 4 on my list.
Bill Forsyth

I'm not invited. I'm not on the A list, haven't been on it in 20 years and my feet have never trod its red fluffy carpets.
Nick Mancuso

I'm on every worst-dressed list imaginable.
Kathy Griffin

I'm wearing a garbage bag. I was put on my own worst-dressed list.
Steven Cojocaru

I've got a long list of books I wish I'd never written-and I've kept them all out of print for the past 20 years.
Dean Koontz

I've never been able to say I've been influenced by a list of artists I like because I like thousands and thousands and I've been influenced in some way by all of them.
Jack Nicholson

If ever we had proof that our nation's pollution laws aren't working, it's reading the list of industrial chemicals in the bodies of babies who have not yet lived outside the womb.
Louise Slaughter

If I don't have a project going, I sit down and begin to write something - a character sketch, a monologue, a description of some sight, or even just a list of ideas.
Thomas Perry

If I made a list of the people I admire, Mom would probably fill up half of it. She could do anything and everything.
Patsy Cline

If you made a list of reasons why any couple got married, and another list of the reasons for their divorce, you'd have a hell of a lot of overlapping.
Mignon McLaughlin

If you put down a list of jobs, doctor, lawyer, janitor, teacher or movie star, everybody would pick the movie star. And why? So you could lie around the pool, drink margaritas and send money to your parents. So that's what I did.
Steve Guttenberg

In 15 years we'll have all the sequence, a list of the genes everyone has in common and those that differ among people. We know only something like a tenth of 1 percent of the sequence at the moment.
Walter Gilbert

In addition, we were unable to meet openly to discuss the progress of the book, for we were both on the list of persons banned from communicating with other banned persons.
Ruth First

In all planing you make a list and you set priorities.
Alan Lakein

In all, dozens upon dozens of groups and organizations have prioritized stopping the killing in Darfur before there is no one left to be killed. It is high time that we, the U.S. Congress, join our name to that list.
Kendrick Meek

In an effort to provide my constituents with information on how they can make contributions to a number of relief and humanitarian organizations, I have posted a short list of these groups and contact numbers on my Internet website.
Jo Bonner

In reference to Cat Stevens, it is very, very important we have accurate information on our terrorist watch list and our no fly list and that you have a remedy.
Asa Hutchinson

It doesn't matter whether you can or cannot achieve high temperature superconductivity or fuel cells, they will always be on the list because if you could achieve them they would be extremely valuable.
Martin Fleischmann

It is unacceptable that disabled veterans in Illinois rank at the bottom of the list when it comes to disability pay. We owe our disabled veterans more than speeches, parades and monuments.
Dick Durbin

It was a requirement by the veterans to list the 57,000 names. We're reaching a time that we'll acknowledge the individual in a war on a national level.
Maya Lin

It's very hard to find critics or a magazine today that will publish material that is genuinely independent and written without any concern about being cut off some distributor's list or not be invited or flown into screenings.
Wim Wenders

Know the official post office abbreviations for all 50 states without having to consult a list.
Marilyn vos Savant

Lastly, his tomb shall list and founder in the troughs of grass. And none shall speak his name.
Karl Shapiro

Laughter is the best medicine - unless you're diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list.
Jasper Carrott

Like the winds that we come we know not whence and blow whither soever they list, the forces of society are derived from an obscure and distant origin. They arise before the date of philosophy, from the instincts, not the speculations of men.
Adam Ferguson

Lincoln had no such person that he could talk with. Often, as a result, he debated with himself, and he would draw up a kind of list of the pros and cons of an argument, and carefully figure them out, and he might test them in public.
David Herbert Donald

Looking through the list of earlier Nobel laureates, I note a large number with whom I became acquainted and with whom I interacted during those years as they passed through Cambridge.
John Pople

Love's boat has been shattered against the life of everyday. You and I are quits, and it's useless to draw up a list of mutual hurts, sorrows, and pains.
Vladimir Mayakovsky

Make a careful list of all things done to you that you abhorred. Don't do them to others, ever.
Dee Hock

Make another list of things done for you that you loved. Do them for others, always.
Dee Hock

Marriage commissioners who choose not to marry homosexuals are being fired. A Knights of Columbus chapter in British Columbia is in court because it chooses not allow a lesbian group to use its facility for marriage ceremonies. The list goes on.
Stockwell Day

Mike Leigh encourages you to choose a person that you know to base your character on. You write a whole list of people that you know and you go through that list in great depth with him. And then he chooses one of those people from your list.
Jane Horrocks

Most of our history in space has been communicated in terms of action - what people do, a chronological list of events which have transpired - as opposed to the human experience of having done those things.
Story Musgrave

My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.
Bjorn Borg

My life would have been different without Paul Stanley or Ace Frehley. They would have to be the greatest on my list as an influence to my life at 11 years old.
Mike McCready

My list of basic tools is a partial answer to the question about what has changed: Over the past few years, large numbers of programmers have come to depend on elaborate tools to interface code with systems facilities.
Bjarne Stroustrup

My list of things I never pictured myself saying when I pictured myself as a parent has grown over the years.
Polly Berrien Berends

My name was on the list very early after these announcements were made through the newspapers in Europe.
Claude Nicollier

My to-do list is so long that it doesn't have an end; it has an event horizon.
Craig Bruce

Nixon had some large achievements in foreign affairs. They will be remembered. But a president probably gets remembered for one thing, and Watergate will head the Nixon list, I suspect.
Bob Woodward

No matter what your laundry list of requirements in choosing a mate, there has to be an element of good luck and good fortune and good timing.
Patty Duke

Not a lot of conservatives on this list. Are more liberals than conservatives screwing up America?
Matt Lauer

Obviously, the most memorable has a lot to do with the time spent on the matter, and the Westerfield and Peterson cases are up at the top of the list.
Catherine Crier

Once the World Cup preparations begin there will hardly be an opportunity to do so, since we'll have to put all our energy into the team. We coaches have a list of priorities and dealing with the media isn't in the top five.
Jurgen Klinsmann

One day I actually took the list into the bathroom and I put it up against my face and looked in the mirror and I realized I had one of two choices, change the list or change myself.
Star Jones

Our profession is very much like going to a cocktail party, you check out the guest list.
Robert Stack

Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list.
Denis Leary

Resume: a written exaggeration of only the good things a person has done in the past, as well as a wish list of the qualities a person would like to have.
Bo Bennett

Saying you have a political solution is like saying you can write a pop song that's going to stay at the top of the list forever. I don't have many illusions about this, but I'm not cynical about it.
Bruce Sterling

Some of the songs I do once in a while that I kinda... my set list is basically like my hits, there is a good reason why they are there; people really like them.
Joe Cocker

The advice of the elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as a list of the hundred best books.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

The best source for finding an agent is called Literary Agents of North America. It's a complete list of agents, not only by name and address, but by type of book they represent and by what their submission criteria are.
Sara Paretsky

The bulk of extra supplies that could be put into the market come from two places. One, they come from other Persian Gulf suppliers, of which Saudi Arabia is at the top of the list.
Daniel Yergin

The groups that have awarded them are all a little different. It's a little hard to single out any one for that, but I think the dedication of this building would have to go toward the top of the list.
Jack Kilby

The list of non-democratic regimes that have seen significant reforms since 2001 is long and significant.
Ginny B. Waite

The list of women to potentially be on a major party ticket, in both parties, is embarrassingly short.
Eleanor Clift

The New York Times published the guest list on the front page. The masks were a brilliant concept.
George Plimpton

'The New York Times' list is a bunch of crap. They ought to call it the editor's choice. It sure isn't based on sales.
Howard Stern

The one appearance that I made for President Kennedy, he, as I understand, had his choice or was asked to make a list of the people he would like to have perform, and I was fortunate enough to be one of them.
Julie London

The parameters are such that I don't get offered a lot of work. I'm sure most directors hear my list of don'ts and say forget it.
Jamie Lee Curtis

The problem and privilege we all have is being alive in this century and able to read this language. It makes any list meaningless except the list of an illiterate.
John Sladek

The real or supposed rights of man are of two kinds, active and passive; the right in certain cases to do as we list; and the right we possess to the forbearance or assistance of other men.
William Godwin

There are certain people that are marked for death. I have my little list of those that treated me unfairly.
Jennifer Lopez

There are many resistance movements in the world, like the IRA for instance. But it is only Islamic resistance movements that are put on the terrorist list. This is what I am saying.
Ahmed Yassin

There is a real diversity of talent and background on the A list so as to better reflect our society in all walks. There are people who have been candidates before, Councillors, Doctors, business leaders, charity campaigners.
Adam Rickitt

There is, however, another purpose to which academies contribute. When they consist of a limited number of persons, eminent for their knowledge, it becomes an object of ambition to be admitted on their list.
Charles Babbage

There's a reason I moved to NYC, and if I listed all the musicians on my list you'd grow weary.
Trevor Dunn

They're sheep. They like Bush enough to credit him with saving the nation after 9/11. Three thousand people get killed, and everybody thinks they're next on the list. The president comes along, and he's got his six-guns strapped on, and people think he's going to save them.
Ed Asner

This is really high on the priority list of tribal concerns. This is a cash cow in many circumstances, and tribes are concerned about protection of tribal assets.
Jack Abramoff

This year I hope to introduce legislation that would require Power Administrations to list direct and indirect costs associated with ESA compliance as a line item on customer's power bills.
Cathy McMorris

We don't take care of our teachers and our cops and our firemen. They should be at the top of our list.
Brad Garrett

We got dragged through a system and got burned by crooked lawyers, and the list goes on and on.
Jerry Only

We put people of concern on the watch list or the no-fly list, so we have a number of layers of security beyond the airport checkpoint. We gather as much information about a passenger as the law allows without profiling.
John Pistole

We signed up for Showtime, which I think put us on a Homeland Security list somewhere.
Kate Clinton

What gets left out is the narrative between the bullets, which would tell us who's going to do what and how we're going to achieve the generic goals on the list.
Edward Tufte

What we do every night is we change out the set list as much as we can to make sure that (fans can) go home and tell their friends they experienced something unique and cool.
Isaac Hanson

When I begin to eliminate from the list all those professions which are impossible from a financial point of view and then those which I feel disinclined to-it leaves nothing.
Wilfred Owen

When I die there may be a paragraph or two in the newspapers. My name will linger in the British Museum Reading Room catalogue for a space at the head of a long list of books for which no one will ever ask.
C. S. Forester

When I started in the business, there was a thing called adult fantasy, but nobody quite knew what it was, and most publishers didn't have an adult fantasy list. They had science fiction lists, which they stuck a little bit of fantasy into.
Terri Windling

When I went to Philadelphia I was 26 years old and really sitting on top of the world. Family life, a professional career, plenty of friends and associates, and a good reputation, a wish list that could be the envy of many.
Julius Erving

When you talk about the Final Fantasy series, the series started selling better after 7, and that was the base idea for the center of the set list for the LA concert.
Nobuo Uematsu

When you were a volunteer for the Bush-Cheney campaign, you came in the morning; you had a supervisor who gave you a list of calls to make and a time to do it in.
Ed Gillespie

Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody thinks.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

With my daughter, who at the time was one, my domestic life needed to take more precedent and really with my own self I needed to develop quite a bit more. So that put Blur down the list of priorities quite a lot by the time I came to thinking about it.
Graham Coxon

With two small children, I haven't had a wash since 2001 so the chance to go shopping is way down the list. It is something I do intend to get.
Jo Brand

Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we're scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don't have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list.
Michelle Obama

You can look at the New York Times Bestseller List and you can be pretty sure that the writers on that list don't know each other very well.
Anne Rice

You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that.
Stephen Fry

You see, I used to do a certain amount of market research by going to the local drugstore and seeing what the truck drivers would put up. Now it's all just copies from the latest best-seller list and damn little of anything else.
Jerry Pournelle   

No comments:

Post a Comment