Popular Posts

Saturday, February 12, 2011

❤ Valentine's Day ❤

Modern
___________________________________________________________________________________

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
A. A. Milne
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Judy Garland
Where there is great love, there are always wishes.
Willa Cather
Love is a game that two can play and both win.
Eva Gabor
Love is being stupid together.
Paul Valery
If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
Michel de Montaigne
I'll love you, dear, I'll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street.
W. H. Auden
Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.
Ben Hecht
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
Lucretius
To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.
Henry Drummond
Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
John Lennon
Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.
Samuel Lover
If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
Maya Angelou
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
Ingrid Bergman
When love is not madness, it is not love.
Pedro Calderon de la Barca
A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
Frank Morgan
Love is what you've been through with somebody.
James Thurber
Where there is love there is life.
Mohandas Gandhi
Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
Zelda Fitzgerald
The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.
Margaret Atwood
Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
Andre Breton
Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
Zora Neale Hurston
Love is metaphysical gravity.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
Victor Hugo

Funny
___________________________________________________________________________________


All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Charles M. Schulz
Today is Valentine's Day - or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!
Jay Leno
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.
Walt Disney
I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
Zsa Zsa Gabor
If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Lily Tomlin
I'm dating a woman now who, evidently, is unaware of it.
Garry Shandling
We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect.
Alanis Morissette
True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
Erich Segal
Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.
Fernando Pessoa
Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times.
Rita Rudner
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
Groucho Marx
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
Christopher Marlowe
We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack.
Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.
Pearl Bailey
In a recent Valentine's Day posting on her fan website, Britney Spears says that - oh, who cares?
Amy Poehler
The last time I saw him he was walking down lover's lane holding his own hand.
Fred Allen
It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.
Laurence J. Peter
I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.
Steve Martin
The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he is a baby.
Natalie Wood
The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.
Charles de Gaulle
Husbands are like fires - they go out when they're left unattended.
Cher

Cultural
___________________________________________________________________________________

Am I a romantic? I've seen 'Wuthering Heights' ten times. I'm a romantic.
Johnny Depp
I'd kiss a frog even if there was no promise of a Prince Charming popping out of it. I love frogs.
Cameron Diaz
The best smell in the world is that man that you love.
Jennifer Aniston
Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.
Jo Brand
I love bringing roses to a woman when she least expects it.
Esai Morales
I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I love it so much. It's pathetic.
Drew Barrymore
I like perfume and flowers.
Donatella Versace
Working with Julie Andrews is like getting hit over the head with a valentine.
Christopher Plummer
My boyfriend calls me 'princess', but I think of myself more along the lines of 'monkey' and 'retard'.
Alicia Silverstone
Everything's coming up roses - for me.
Ethel Merman
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
Emma Goldman
How sweet it is!
Jackie Gleason
If you don't have a valentine, hang out with your girlfriends, don't go looking for someone. When it's right, they'll come to you.
Carmen Electra
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Coco Chanel
I'm into all that sappy stuff - a surprise picnic, nice dinner, or traveling. I'm kind of an old romantic.
Will Estes
Sometimes I'm so sweet even I can't stand it.
Julie Andrews
I used to be a hopeless romantic - I fell in love with everyone I went out with.
Jeremy London
I am a hopeless romantic and I love to spoil my girlfriends.
Orlando Bloom
I'm like the kid in kindergarten; I really do send valentines to everyone.
Susie Bright
I'm lucky, I don't like sweets, not even chocolate.
Eva Herzigova
I'm a laugh tart. I make no secret of that fact.
Hugh Grant
Some women flirt more with what they say, and some with what they do.
Anna Held

Traditional
___________________________________________________________________________________

The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.
Blaise Pascal
A friendship that like love is warm; A love like friendship, steady.
Thomas Moore
So, fall asleep love, loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee.
Robert Browning Hamilton
More than kisses, letters mingle souls.
John Donne
We loved with a love that was more than love.
Edgar Allan Poe
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
Plato
For love is immortality.
Emily Dickinson
Love is love's reward.
John Dryden
To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.
Alphonse de Lamartine
Love... it surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be.
Khalil Gibran
Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert Frost
Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss.
John Keats
Love conquers all.
Virgil
Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.
e. e. cummings
Love and desire are the spirit's wings to great deeds.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
Lord Byron
Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Who, being loved, is poor?
Oscar Wilde
Soul meets soul on lovers' lips.
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Fortune and love favor the brave.
Ovid
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
William Shakespeare
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
Samuel Butler
Who is wise in love, love most, say least.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
Love is the poetry of the senses.
Honore de Balzac
Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.
Boethius

No comments:

Post a Comment